An RC Back Room/Warehouse Material Handler I operates a variety of equipment designed to sort, count, compact or move empty beverage containers for the purpose of recycling. Processes and records container counts accurately while meeting established productivity standards. Identifies, troubleshoots and reports maintenance items. Maintains a clean and well organized work area including loading area. An RC Back Room/Warehouse Material Handler I must possess the ability to effectively communicate both to internal departments and customers.
Essential Job Tasks
• Safely operate, maintain and troubleshoot equipment and redemption center tools.
• Lift bags from rack into sorting or compactor equipment.
• Load, unload, push and otherwise maneuver full and empty bag racks in back area.
• Maneuvering up and around machinery safely as needed to maintain operation.
• Cleaning and maintenance as needed to equipment to maintain operation (as trained or instructed).
• Recognize proper operation of assigned equipment to include safety shutoffs and devices.
• Operate a manual and electric pallet jack and/or pallet stacker.
• Safely load/unload trailer with totes and pallets and other items as needed
• Stand and/or walk for an extended time period on concrete floor.
• Maintain the appearance of the facility and its surrounding area, including the parking lot, to company requirements, through regular inspection and cleaning. This includes regular sweeping, mopping, wiping down counters/machines, dusting, windows/doors, properly storing supplies and cleaning the breakroom and restrooms.
• Efficiently and accurately complete all data entry requirements and the processing of beverage containers to include receiving and processing of EZ Drop bags.
• Assist BottleDrop customers by introducing them to the features of BottleDrop Redemption Center, including the EZ Drop system – made up of using the kiosk, getting payment slips, bags/tags, hand counts, Reverse Vending Machines (RVMs) and daily limits.
• Professionally represent OBRC/BottleDrop when interacting with customers, co-workers, Non-Profit/Fundraiser groups.